Sacramento Lawyers Representing Family Members
While nothing can bring back a mother, father or child who has died in a fatal accident, a wrongful death lawsuit can ensure the victim’s family can obtain some justice, in a court of law, for the loss they have experienced.
At the law firm of Schwarzkopf Law in Sacramento, California, we represent people who have lost family members in car accidents, truck accidents, construction accidents and other types of negligence. We offer a free initial consultation to explain your rights and answer your questions about the legal process.
Even if the person who caused your family member is not criminally responsible for your loved one’s death, he or she may be found responsible financially in a civil court.
What Compensation Can Family Members Receive?
In California, family members are entitled to receive compensation for the following types of damages in a wrongful death lawsuit:
- Medical expenses incurred prior to death
- Funeral expenses
- Loss of economic support from the deceased person
- Loss of comfort and society of the person who is now missing from their life
- The insurance company of the at-fault party may ask you personal questions about your
- relationship with your deceased family member. The reason for these questions is that the amount
- of damages in a wrongful death suit will depend on the quality of your relationship with the deceased person.